Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Status Update, More Good News, & Conferences

I made a late New Year's resolution to obtain 100 rejections in 2015.  It's been a couple of months since the last time I updated my stats.  Here is where I stand right now:


Stories/Essays: 3
Submissions: 40
Acceptances: 2 (yup, you just read that right!)
Rejections: 7
Withdrawals: 24
Pending: 7

As you can see above, I just received another acceptance!  Woo Hoo!  When it goes live, I will post a link.  As of right now, I am going to just relish in the fact that my acceptance to rejection rate is not as bad as it feels considering the number of pieces I have submitted this year so far.  Looking at the figures in this way really makes it seem as though I've been pretty successful at getting published this year.

This wonderful acceptance comes as a direct result of some positive feedback I received during a speed "dating" event at the Conversations and Connections writing conference a week ago in Washington, D.C.  This was my first time at an event like this, and I absolutely loved every second of it.  It is amazing to be around so many like-minded and hungry artists.  The practical advice I received and the direct feedback on my work was truly priceless.  I highly recommend attending if the conference comes your way.

These figures make me feel a little like George Jefferson!  Moving on up!

The Moving on Up Dance

No comments:

Post a Comment