Friday, September 14, 2012

Just My-Shelf

Ever since I was a little kid I loved to read.  I remember coming home from school, taking off my pants (because I hate pants, clingy little buggers), lying around in my underwear reading or watching Reading Rainbow.  I ended up marrying a man who owned more books and CDs than clothes and so our old apartment was a giant bookshelf with two couches and a TV.

Inspired by this post at real actual hilary by way of the YA Highway, I thought I would share with you all my book shelveseseses...since there are six of them in my house (full disclosure, one of those shelves is dedicated to my husband's extensive CD collection/Wii game storage/DVDs/junk...so I will spare you the photos of all of that for fear that you will indeed judge us and never want to visit...and trust me...a visit to Stroleman Manor is awesome, we have a Tempurpedic guest bed and I can make a mean monkey bread!)

We bought our house in 2010 and one of the most important things on our "must have" list was a room for all our books.  After we got in the house, we set up our library/office and then...there were still books left over...so we have four rooms in our home with at least one book shelf in it.

These are our office shelves


And these are the shelves in both our guestrooms (unedited, crap and all) 

Gosh, with it all together like this, I feel really nerdy!  If DH and I ever end up missing, look for us underneath one of these shelves.  We have so many books, we even used them as table centerpieces at our wedding.
NERDS!