Friday, December 7, 2012

How to Make My (Pregnancy?) Dreams Come True

Me, dreaming about...
There are several aspects of being pregnant that I was completely unprepared for.  For example:


These...mmm...
1. The fact that your nipples become saucer shaped torpedos that double in size every month;
2.  The parasites in your uterus will suck  everything in your belly out so that you are forced to eat like a ravenous animal every hour on the hour;
3. Something affectionately referred to as "snail tail" (which is way too gross for me to describe here);
4. The fact that you will be so exhausted that keeping your eyes open will become physically demanding and
5. Sleeping (or not sleeping) will become very interesting.

I never really had a problem with sleeping before.  But, now, in between getting up every 20 minutes to pee and my crazy screwball dreams, I think I may get a good two hours of sleep each night.  I had no idea that increasing levels of hCG has the same hallucinogenic effect as taking mushrooms.  I don't even have to be in a deep sleep either.  I could be halfway awake, yet still dreaming about my husband fussing at me because he caught me walking into a bathroom occupied by my ex and several naked women (last night's dream...a very interesting one...).
 
The only good thing is that some of my dreams involve my writing.  Specifically, I have been having this reoccuring dream about starting a new project with a very specific plot.  The funny thing is that I am not dreaming of the plot itself, meaning the action in my dreams do not revolve around these new characters, bur rather me writing about the new characters.  I've had dreams about dialogue, how to begin the story or what to write first in order to develop the plot.  I've even dreamed that I woke up from dreaming about this idea and wrote down my ideas and then went back to sleep!  I mean, can I at least have Leonardo DiCaprio there when I create my own Inception.  Weird...

So, this is my dilema...what do I do with this idea?  I believe it is an awesome idea and I want to write it.  But, what do I do about my current WiP?  Do I put that down and start on this new one?  Do I jot my ideas down somewhere and then return to it when I'm done with my WiP?  Do I work on the both of them at the same time (which seems impossible considering my level of exhaustion these days)?

I need some advice from my fellow artists.  How do you process new ideas while in the midst of a another project?  What do you do to keep track of your ideas and how do you know its time to put pen to paper?

2 comments:

  1. Keep a pen and paper by your bed (or voice recorder) jot down everything... it doesn't have to make sense but you may be able to use it later

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Mia. And the pregnancy stuff...lol I've been there. I'm trying to remember when you're due. The snail trail reaches its peak in the third trimester so if you're not there yet, might want to stock up on supplies :)

    ReplyDelete